Hands on Crafts For Kids is the resource for kids craft projects and instructions for kids 6-12 and parents, teachers and other group leaders. It includes school and curriculum based projects, multi cultural projects, and every day, holiday and seasonal ideas.
It is the online home of the public television program Hands On Crafts for Kids.
1. Cut planet patterns from pattern sheet. Trace each onto white cardstock leaving space around each. Be sure to write the name next to each for future reference.
2. Find a bowl or plate approximately 11 ½” across. Trace onto Foam Board sheet then carefully cut out with craft knife using cutting mat. Center foam board circle onto black cardstock and trace around. Cut about ¼” outside drawn line making it slightly larger.
3. Tear off several sheets of paper towels then cut into fourths.
4. Color in planets referring to photo for reference. Draw on color where desired with in a planet starting with light to darkest, covering most of the paper. Crumple a section of paper towel then using a lot of pressure, swirl blending colors together letting color go outside of lines. More color can be added as needed for desired effect. Fill in all planets.
5. Cut out planets writing name of each on back with pencil. Set aside.
6. Apply glue to one side of foam board and smooth to edges with finger. Center black cardstock round onto glue then press to secure.
7. Add several glue spots (or tape that is curled into a circle with the sticky side out) to back of each planet then position where desired on black round. Peel off paper backing and press into place.
8. To create hanger first determine top of solar system, flip over and make a pencil mark. Add a small puddle of glue then press in pop top. Let dry.