Be sure to follow manufacturer’s instructions on the package of clay.
Wash your hands after working with the clay.
1. Cut Foam Board panels as follows:
Two 4" x 6" rectangles (front and back of house)
Two 3" x 4" rectangles (house sides)
Two 4" x 4" squares (roof)
2. On front and back foam board pieces, mark the top center, then measure down 2" from the top on each side and make a mark.
3. Using a ruler and an X-ACTO knife, line up the center mark with one side mark. Cut of this triangle of foam on each of the four front and back sides. This will create the peaked front and back of the house.
4. Use Tacky Glue to adhere the house base together. Hold each side as you glue the pieces into place and give them a chance to become sturdy. Once glue is dry, paint the base color of the house using Squeeze N Brush paint brushes. Use the same paints to paint the roof top, but don’t attach it yet! Add details to the house using paint markers.
5. Place house base onto a spare piece of foam board and trace the inside base of the house. Try to trace very close to the inside of the walls so that your house base will have a snug fit. Cut out the house base and then cut a 1/2 circle into one side of the base. (try tracing a quarter to make cutting guidelines).
6. Insert the house base but don't glue it in place. This way, you'll be able to pull it out to get mail out of the house!
7. OPTIONAL - Paint the inside of the house!
8. Adhere the roof onto your house and set it in a friendly place where people will be able to leave you messages!