Be sure to follow manufacturer’s instructions on the package of clay.
Wash your hands after working with the clay.
- Tape a piece of foil to work surface.
- Pull off a section from the white clay and work in hands for a few seconds till smooth.
- Place on work surface then use a glass to roll evenly to about ¼” thick, turning clay several times for an even thickness.
- Sprinkle rice over surface then roll over a few times with the glass till embedded into clay – not too deep – we don’t want to make holes in the clay.
- Lift up clay then use scissors to carefully cut into a rectangle about 2” x 1 ½” or to desired size of pendant. The scissors cut right through rice.
- The rice needs to be removed. Use the toothpick to carefully pick out the rice – it comes our easily.
- Use the toothpick to create a hole in top center and on off center on the bottom, making sure it will be big enough for cording to go through.
- Dip a finger in water then rub along edges till smooth.
- Place on cooling rack to dry following package instructions.
- Drop a few drops of water onto the light gold and light metallic green paint oval in Metallic paint strip. The water slightly softens the paint. Using the brush from box, paint the entire piece, front and back with gold metallic paint making sure to get into rice crevices.
- Use the brush to paint the lighter green on the raised areas of the pendant plus sides and back. Let dry.
- Fold cording in half, insert from the front into the top hole then thread ends through loop, pulling tight. Determine length, trim ends then tie a knot to secure.
- Use the wire cutters to cut a 6” piece of wire. Thread from the back through hole at the bottom then swirl end to secure in place. Thread on a few beads, and then swirl end to hold in place.