1. Place fabric right side down on your work surface. Place the Styrofoam™ disc on top of the fabric at one end and draw a circle around it. Cut the fabric circle out. Set aside. Place the disc back on the fabric in the center. Measure 3” out from the disc all around and mark. Connect the marks to form a circle and cut this out.
2. Place the larger fabric circle right side down on the work surface with the Styrofoam™ disc in the center. Make cuts from the outside edge of the circle up to Stryrofoam ™ disc about every inch.
3. Squiggle glue on the top edges of the disc, about 2 inches in. Pull the fabric up and press down into the glue, working all around the disc, overlapping fabric as you go. Place a piece of wax paper on top of the glued fabric and disc, and place several books on the wax paper. Let dry.
4. Cut five strips of 3/8” ribbon, each 16” long. Looking at the photo, position four of the ribbon strips on the front of the disc, crisscrossing as shown. Use thumb tacks to hold in place. Glue the ends of the ribbon strips to the back of the disc. Glue another ribbon length, folded in half, to use as hanger.
5. Glue the other fabric circle on the back covering the ends of the ribbon. Let dry.
6. Glue the 1” wide ribbon around the outside edge of the Styrofoam disc cutting off any excess.
7. Glue flowers on thumbtacks. Place photos, memos , etc. behind ribbons.