||This project features notes or instructions in Adobe Reader format. If you
do not have Adobe Reader, download it for free here.
Click here to download the Charm Patterns. (PDF)
Click here to download the Alphabet Patterns. (PDF)
School Program Support
It’s easy to create charms for an art, music, sport, or any other school or community program.
- Use Poster Putty to attach the disk to a pencil or paint bottle for easy handling. Using school colors, paint a disk. When dry, paint the school initial.
- Over the top of the letter, use a tiny brush or pen to paint a symbol representing the program. You can use a paint brush for the art program and a music note for the music program as examples.
- Drill a hole in the top to attach a jump ring and then the lobster claw clasp.
- Drill small holes in the bottom to attach jump rings and charms.
- Embellish with music and art charms. Use a small pliers to attach them.
Environmental – Earth
- Use Poster Putty to attach to the disk to a pencil or paint bottle. Paint the disk black. Draw a circle for earth, and paint it light blue. Use a liner brush to add bright green land masses and islands.
- When dry, use a pen to draw the latitude and longitude lines.
- With white, use the stylus to make tiny dots for stars.
- Drill a hole in the top. Attach a jump ring and a lobster claw clasp.
Environmental – Sea Animals and Ocean
- Attach the disk to a pencil or paint bottle with Poster Putty. Paint it light blue and then trace or draw the whale tail onto it.
- Use a liner brush to paint the whale tail. When dry, varnish.
- Drill holes for the jump rings and the lobster claw clasp on top, and the whale charm on the bottom. Other appropriate charms would be seals, penguins, fish, and shells.
Environmental – Trees and Forests
- Attach the disk to a pencil or paint bottle with Poster Putty. Paint is blue on the top for sky, and green on the bottom for grass.
- Attach the tree finding with glue.
- Drill holes for jump rings and the lobster claw clasp on top and the leaf charms across the bottom.
- Attach the disk with Poster Putty to a pencil or paint bottle. Paint it a bright color (We used yellow).
- Attach a fun sticker and then embellish with stylus dots all around it. You can also outline it with the pen.
- Varnish over all.
- Drill holes for jump rings and the lobster claw clasp on top and the charm below.
Charms, jewelry findings, jump rings, and clasps are available from Accent Factory, 21200 Pontiac Trail, South Lyon, MI 48178, 888-437-3888. www.BoutiqueTrims.com
Those used are lobster claw clasps 61679, oval jump rings 63521, saxophone 55021, trumpet 55011, music notes 55641, palette 51651, whale 48091, tree 32651, acorn 33533, maple leaf 33081, leaf 32781, doghouse 40771
Stickers – dogs and cats from Mrs. Grossman’s – www.mrsgrossmans.com
Wood shapes – 1” to 1.25” disks and other shapes from Bear With Us, 3007 S. Kendall Ave., Independence, MO 64033. 816-373-3231. www.bearwithusinc.com