1. Place interfacing over pattern. Pencil the triangle pennant pattern on the interfacing. Place interfacing over the selected design. Outline the design with oil crayon. Work the oil crayon into the interfacing by going back and forth over the outline. Turn interfacing over and trace over the outline with oil crayon. The crayon is a barrier to help hold the watercolors apart, but the colors may bleed into the outline.
2. Watercolor inside a design area, painting up to the outline. You can paint over the stitching lines of a football and over small writing. Paint inside the design area of stars. Allow watercolors to dry.
3. Paint the background color of your pennant, painting up to the crayon outline of designs. Let dry.
4. Markers can be used to outline letters, add baseball stitching lines, fill in soccer ball details, or to write your name using a dark colored marker.
5. Cut out pennant triangle. Cut two slits along the short end of pennant. Thread two 18” lengths curly ribbon through each hole. Center ribbons in each hole. Tie ribbons in a knot. Curl ribbons with scissors.