Right click here and choose "save as" to download the pattern for this project. (PDF)
1. Print pattern for ears, mouth, teeth and eyes and trace it onto the stiffened felt. Use the Color Cutter to cut out each piece and then fill in the details with opaque markers. Paint a pink lining inside of the mouth, and ears, paint the teeth white and add black and white pupils to the eyes.
2. Put your hand into the tube sock, and create the top of the squirrels head by inserting a fist sized ball of stuffing on top of your hand. ‘Pinch’ in a mouth for the squirrel, then carefully remove the sock from your hand and place it on top of a plastic water bottle.
3. Use the Tacky Glue® to glue the squirrels mouth, eyes and ears into place.
4. Cut a piece of fun fur approximately 12” long and 7” wide. Use scissors to round off the top of the fun fur. With the Tacky Glue glue 5 chenille stems onto the fun fur, then fold the fun fur in half and glue the edges together. Roll the tail so that the glued seam is along the back. Use your fingers to ‘brush’ the finished seam and use the hair that pulls away on top of the squirrel’s head.
5. Hold the squirrel’s tail along the back of the water bottle and fold the long edge of the tube sock up so that the tail is held in place.
Please note an instant adhesive was mentioned as an alternative adhesive for this project on air. We do not recommend the use of Instant glues by any children under 12. Instant Glues should only be used by adults.