1. Cut Styrofoam egg in half lengthwise with the serrated plastic knife.
2. Apply Tacky Glue to the small end of the egg then press a dried lima bean halfway into the Styrofoam at the tip of the egg.
3. Apply glue to the next row. Insert about 8 rows of lima beans, offsetting bean scallops on each row. Allow glue to set.
4. Tear a 12” square of aluminum foil. Crumple the foil then carefully reopen it.
5. Place the pine cone on a flat surface then put the foil on top of the pine cone. Starting in the center of the pine cone, gently press the foil into the spaces between the beans. Work out toward the edges, being careful not to tear the foil. Trim the foil and wrap the edges at the back of the pine cone.
6. Mix brown and metallic gold paint. Paint the pine cone then wipe off the raised areas with a paper towel. Add gold and green glitter paint accents to tips of the pine cone. Let dry.
7. Push a sharp pencil through the top of the pine cone. Thread strands of raffia through the hole. Tie raffia in a bow.
To make a gift bag: Dip an old tooth brush in green metallic paint, and then spatter a paper handle bag. Let dry then tie the pine cones to the band handles with raffia.
Travel around the world and experience the culture, arts and traditions that make the world unique. Visit Peru, Italy, Canada, USA, Australia, Japan, China, Russia, India, Mexico, Ghana, Egypt, and Scotland.
Click here to order now!