1. With the serrated plastic knife, cut the Styrofoam ball in half. Imbed the jingle bell into the center of the ball. Glue the ball halves back together. Let dry.
2. Tightly wrap the Styrofoam ball with black yarn. Tuck the yarn ends under and secure with glue. When the ball is evenly covered, mark the center with a rubber band.
3. Thread 2 yards of colored yarn onto the needle. Pull under the black yarn. Wrap the yarn around the center of the ball being careful not to pull the end of the yarn out. Continue wrapping until you have a band of solid color around the center. Secure the end of the yarn under the black yarn at the point where you started. Carefully cut of excess.
4. Wrap 2-3 rows of a second color on either side of the first band. Continue until the band of colors is as wide as you like.
5. Make a band of color around the ball in the other direction. You can make the areas where the bands cross more interesting by weaving the yarn through the first band instead of just wrapping it over the top.
6. To make a tassel, wrap yarn 10-20 times around a cardboard about 4” wide. Slip a 6” piece of yarn under the loops then tie tightly. This is the top of the tassel. Cut the loops opposite the top then wrap a contrasting color of yarn around the tassel near the top. Tie to secure then trim uneven ends.
Travel around the world and experience the culture, arts and traditions that make the world unique. Visit Peru, Italy, Canada, USA, Australia, Japan, China, Russia, India, Mexico, Ghana, Egypt, and Scotland.
Click here to order now!