1. Mark hole placement on the underside of
the jar lid. Trace the jar lid on the craft foam and cut out
a circle. Place the foam circle on the lid top. Punch seven
holes in the jar lid and foam using the hammer and nail. Protect
your work surface with a folded newspaper before punching.
Foam tip: The sharp
punched metal is embedded in the foam. The craft lace is protected
from the sharp edges.
2. Drill a small hole into the top of each of the seven clothespins.
Then screw an eye screw into the top of each.
3. Tie a 4” loop in one end of the craft lace. Thread
the loop through the center hole with the remainder of the
tail on the lid bottom. Tie another knot in the lace at the
4. Chimes: Thread the lace (from the underside) through an
outer hole to the top (foam side). Add seven pony beads, then
a clothespin. Thread the lace back through the seven pony
beads, and then back down through the foam hole. Thread the
lace to the next hole and continue adding chimes around the
5. Center Striker & Sail: When all six chimes have been
strung, bring the lace through the center hole, loop the tail
over the hanger loop knot, and then back down through the
center hole. Thread 14 white pony beads and the remaining
clothespin. Thread the lace back through the pony beads, then
the lid center hole. Tie the lace off at the hanger loop.
Trim the lace end.