by Barb Zimmerman
|Lizards are reptiles
in the same category as snakes. Most reptiles have 4 legs and 5 toes
on each. They have scaly skin; most have mottled color and are carnivores.
The Gila Monster is notorious in New Mexico for its venomous bite
and large head.
You will need:
- 6” Oval papier maché
- Acrylic paint - orange
- Foam sheet - orange, black
- Black permanent marker
- 1 Large wiggle eye
- White paper
1. Paint oval wall plaque
orange. Let dry.
2. Trace and cut pattern pieces for gila monster from orange
and black foam sheets according to patterns.
3. Glue the two feet along the bottom back edge of the oval
plaque. Glue the tail section along the back edge at one end
of oval plaque and the head at the other end. Glue the nose
on the head. Glue the tongue in place. Let dry.
4. Using a black permanent marker color in your own design
along the body.
5. Glue the wiggle eye in place.
6. Using your computer, print out a room sign or message,
or use a black marker. Glue to top of plaque.
Acrylic Paint; Beacon™ Kids Choice Glue™; Fiskars®
| Television | Projects
| Book Order | Helping
Kids | Teachers | Philosophy
E-mail questions about Hands On Crafts for Kids to email@example.com
© Copyright 2004 Katherine Stull, Inc.