1. Knead the clay until soft.
2. Use your hand to roll the red, yellow and white clay into
6" long ropes Start with one yellow rope about 1¼2
" thick, six red ropes about 1¼4 " thick
and six white ropes about 1¼2 " thick.
3. Place the white ropes lengthways around the yellow, then
the red ones between the white.
4. Roll the blue clay between two pieces of wax paper until
it is about 6" long and wide enough to wrap around the
group of colored ropes. Wrap around the group of colored ropes.
5. Lay the roll of colors on wax
paper, then roll backwards and forwards with your hand, adding
pressure up and down the rope until it is about 1¼2
6. Use the plastic knife to slice thin pieces off the end
of the rope. Starting at the bottom of the glass, push each
slice of clay in place around the glass jar.
7. Place on an ovenproof glass in a 275º oven in a well
ventilated area. Heat for about 20 minutes. Let cool then
remove. DO NOT USE A MICROWAVE OVEN.